Monday, June 05, 2006

Whistlepunk at the Vandalia Lounge

Whistlepunk played a surprise show last Saturday night at the Vandalia Lounge, and I was lucky enough to be tipped off in time to catch the performance. I didn't find out in time to post anything here in the blog, but they sounded great, trust me. You can check out a couple of their songs at their MySpace page. Whistlepunk is made up of three buddies of mine from the old Radio Free Charleston days, Spencer Elliott, Dan Jordan and Brian Young. This was the first time I'd seen Spencer and Dan in over ten years, and it was a mighty fun evening. I felt like I'd been thawed out after being frozen in ice for the last decade-and-a-half.

This was also my first visit to the Vandalia Lounge. I was impressed, and it takes a lot for a bar to impress a non-drinker like me. The place is great with high ceilings that keep the smoke from getting too bad, and great big comfy couches for us to sit on while we caught the band. I'll definitely be heading back to catch more bands there in the future. I can see why people rave about the place.

It was a great time. Made me think that maybe I need to come up with some way to bring more music and cool experiences to my readers.

Hmm....

No comments: