Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday Morning Art: The Rear View Series

This week's art is a series of digitally assaulted photos, arranged nicely, on a virtual canvas.

"The Rear View Series" is a collection of seven digital variations on a photo that, to be honest, was just a screw-up. I was trying to get the camera ready to take a picture while I was driving, and wound up with photo of my rear view mirror, which you can see below, on the left.

When I found that photo on the Smartcard, I decided that I liked the accidental composition when I turned it on its side, and wanted to mess around with the colors. I came up with several different versions, and since none of them stood out, I just slapped the better ones together into the montage at right. Click to enlarge.

As a bonus, you can also see the first digitally assaulted photo in this series, below, on the right.

No comments: