Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday Mourning


The above picture is a composite that I made of my parents a few years back for their anniversary. It's their two favorite photos of each other, combined into one. I have pretty much dedicated the last fifteen years to taking care of my parents full time. Dad passed away in 2003, after a battle with leukemia. I mentioned in my sketchy bio, back when I started this blog, that I'd been taking care of Mom here at home since she suffered a major stroke in 1997. We lost Mom Saturday morning. She had a peaceful end, after fighting to live for many years more than any doctor expected.

I'll be back posting in a few days.

2 comments:

J. Steven York said...

My condolences, Rudy. I know this has been a long and difficult struggle for you.

Secular Spice said...

Rudy, my sympathies are with you. You started taking care of your sick parents back in 1990, when I left WVa for New Jersey. Although I haven't been there in the past decade-plus, I know that you took great care of your mother. I'm so sorry that she has passed on.

-JR