Monday, October 31, 2005

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Bonus Music Blogging

Remember the time that the Devil, himself, blew up South Charleston? It was in all the papers. Anyway, here's a photo of what that event looked like as seen from Downtown Charleston. Accompanying this picture is a special piece of Halloweeen music--all nice and apocalypty. In fact, both the music and photo are titled, Apocalypse On The River.

The first half of the music is an old piece of music I wrote called "Machines Failing," but in honor of the holiday, I wrote a new, orchestral, finish to it. Despite my compositional ineptitude, you may still notice that the end part is a wee bit similar to parts of Carmina Burana. I went for typical scary movie music, and that was what got stuck in my head. So I admit that it's not the most original thing I've written, but after all, imitation is the flattest form of sincerity.

No comments: